• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Referals

routierracing

A local print shop wants me to stop in and talk about pricing for them to outsource banners and yard signs and that kind of stuff through me. Also he asking about just referring customers to me and getting some sort of kick-back.

So my question is do any of you season veterans have referal deals? How do yours work and what kind of kick back to do you give? Some sort of percent?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
A thank you is what they get... and with a print shop, I would refer them (if they are good) and expect nothing but a thank you, I may send them a gift at the end of the year... but I would be excited to get a 100 dollar gift certificate from the Piggly Wiggly the end of the year.

I don't like having other people sticking their finger in my business.. I would not do it, I expect the same from others...

Bigdawg

Just Me
No kickbacks here. We offer a slight discount when we sell directly to the print shop, but when he sends customers here he expects nothing (as I expect nothing when I send people to his place).

petesign

I have one company who does print that I work with here, we do wholesale for them, and vice versa. Beats sitting around and doing nothing. It's our clients and our relationships with them, so we like to handle things that way.

routierracing

Ok here is my thought on the benefit of a kick back verses having him just outsource the work to me. (sounds like its an either or type thing) If he refers a good customer once. I give the kick back once. And I am left with what will hopefully a profitable account in the future. Where as the other way around I am constantly just doing discounted work. Is that unrealistic?

Bigdawg

Just Me
OMG...

I know I'm sick... and a bit feverish... have been for a week now...

but I totally agree with Mosh!! Woo-Hoo!!

webguru

Just the term kickback makes it sound wrong to do. Like others have said, tell them you will wholesale to them or they can just refer the work to you. I can't imagine they would not want to sell for retail and pay you wholesale to do the work.

SignManiac

I have one local print shop in town who will send me customers that he can't take care of (large format printing and sign related work) and I send any potential customers to him that need more business type printing that I don't do. So far, we have both helped each other out with no money exchanged.

CheapVehicleWrap

WOW! Great insight! ALLOT of homework has been done by ALL here! I totally agree with everyone.

Stacy, hope you get better soon and that's it not contagious!

SlightlyChilled

No back rubs just if ether one of you needs a quickie job hook the other one up the fast service. like a move to the front of the line pass..