• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective + Compound Curves

Any suggestions on the type of reflective i should be using for this application?
sham-dam1.jpg sham-dam2.jpg

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would love to see a video of that being applied as well as how to measure the vinyl

Ken

Looks like a ~5" stripe, and longer than the bed for measurements. ;) Application is like a wrap; with bridging and stretching. Attachment striping was done with 3M 280.

Attachments

• junk-truck.jpg
    junk-truck.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 97
I would love to see a video of that being applied as well as how to measure the vinyl

Ken

I just used the stripe the same as the rest of the truck (5.5") but pretended the recess wasn't there, then came back after I removed the the mask and heated and pushed the vinyl into the recess. Ill try to get you a video lol...I have 3 more fenders to do....

Should those small bubbles be a concern on reflective...i know that on regular vinyl they will go away...not sure on reflective....this customer is very picky....

The vinyl i used on this is Avery 1200.

bwrapped

use 2 hands and more pressure when installing reflective next time. i see quite a few bubbles on that install.