• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Vinyl 45 or 60 degrees knife?

BigNate

the blade angle is dependent on the thickness of the layer you are plotting through - for the very small area where the blade is actually cutting the vinyl, you want the best slicing blade possible (closer to parallel to the media). Thinner media gets the "flatter" blade, (60 degs are labeled as 60 off vert as well as 60 off horiz, so you need to know what you have....).... as the media gets thicker, the blade has to be more vertical to keep the same ability to freely rotate/caster not to mention the length of cutting edge.... the 30 deg off vertical would be used for the thickest media and the 60 deg off vertical would be for the thinnest. From the reflective media I have, the 45 would be my choice - but I don't know what you are using.

sorry, you may have wanted a fish, but I would rather you know how to fish.....