• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement for 3M 2080 Vinyls

Eric H

I don't think that's correct, 2080 was the replacement for 1080. Certain colors may have been discontinued.

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Wondering if this will effect the whole line.. I have been having a hard time getting some of it. 3M appears to be discontinuing quite a few colors.

BlueRoseAuto

yea, it sucks.. a lot of 1080 colors are no more. Oracal 970RA has good choices on color. but 2080 is what you have now for colors with 3m basically

signgal30+

The 1080 series has been discontinued you may still be able to call around an find left over stock...
I know Fellers had some limited stock a while ago.

Below Copied from 3M website: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b5005081006/

3M™ Wrap Film Series 2080 is a multi-layer dual cast adhesive-backed film for vehicle wraps, accents and partial decoration wraps. This series features more conformable and stretchable film layers vs. 3M™ Wrap Film Series 1080, providing a better fit around curves and in channels and a smooth, sleek appearance. Optimized adhesive provides an exceptional installation experience related to reduced initial tack and improved positionability.* 3M™ Controltac™ technology minimizes initial contact areas for easy repositioning, and 3M™ Comply™ technology uses the latest non-visible air release channels that make it very easy to smooth out bubbles.* 3M™ Wrap Film Series 2080 is available in nearly 100 colors, patterns and textures including gloss, high gloss, satin, matte, color flip and more. With roll widths up to 60 inches, installers can apply film to nearly any section of the vehicle without seams. The 3M™ MCS™-backed warranty* gives customers confidence with up to eight years of protection on vertical applications.