• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing image in retractable banner stand...

bendeane

Hey Everybody...
I have a question about replacing the image in a retractable banner stand. I'm using a Benchmark Standard Retractable Banner stand and I took the existing banner out and it left a lot of tape residue from the adhesive on the stand that attaches the banner to the top and bottom of it. No biggie on the banner, it wouldn't be visible the next time I put it in there. My question is what can I use to replenish the adhesive for the next banner? Can I use hem tape, or is that too aggresive? If the client does have a problem with the residue left on the banner once it is removed because he/she wants to use the banner after it is removed for another application, what is the best way to remove the residue?

I'm laminating the new image I'm putting in (printed on Pop-Up and laminated with 2mil cast overlam (3M or Oracal, whichever I have more of) per recommendation of Feller's sales people). Will the residue be easier to remove from the laminate than from unlaminated Pop-Up? What are others doing when replacing images in retractable banner stands? Sorry, lots of questions, but I know this is the right place for some answers.

Thanks a ton,
Ben

Bigdawg

Just Me
1. leftover adhesive if they want graphic - trim it off if the design accomodates it. We've never had anyone actually want the old graphic

2. Do not worry about OVER aggressive on the adhesive... nothing worse than a pop-up display breaking loose in the middle of an event.

3. We don't laminate - actually the laminated pop-ups we've done tunnel more than the ones we are doing now on the LexJet SR material... very highly recommend switching over...

Big House Signs

Stacy...you dont get scratches on the banner? We've been using the the LG non curl...and some of our ruffer customers were getting scrtches on it where it retracts...the laminate has eliminated that.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Since we've been using the LexJet SR.. night and day difference from the LG... not one complaint about scratches and we've been using it over a year.

Dorraine and I did some tests when we first started using it and it really is scratch-resistant. And the matte finish is nice on it. Highly recommend it and I've tried a few different brands for the retractable displays.

bendeane

Thanks for the input. Hey Bigdawg, everybody talks about the lexjet stuff being worth it even though it is more expensive. After only a tiny bit of research, I think it is actually cheaper since you don't have to laminate it. I'll have to get some, but where can I buy it? Can't find it in the Feller's catalog, or at signwarehouse. Only on LexJet website (the price isn't too bad ($.78/sq ft) considering Feller's sells Pop-Up for $.49/sq ft and an appropriate overlam costs $.72/sq ft making it almost $.50 more per sq foot than just buying the LexJet). Anywhere else that might sell it?