• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

replacing ink on my sp-54

amp267

ok this may sound dumb, but i bought my machine used and have had no training by anybody. my ink cartridge just ran out, and i dont have my manual with me. i just want to make sure i replace it the right way. i got this error on my machine

1 2I 3_ 4

the line next to the 3 is blinking. im assuming thats the one i need to replace. theres also a vertical line next to the 2, maybe its running low. do i just pull it out, shake the new one a bit, and put the new one in. is there any other setting i need to adjust. sorry if it sounds dumb but i just dont want to damage anything. i have been reading posts about how expensive some parts are.

last question, can they be replace in the middle of the job, and then continue printing the job

Mason

ok this may sound dumb, but i bought my machine used and have had no training by anybody. my ink cartridge just ran out, and i dont have my manual with me. i just want to make sure i replace it the right way. i got this error on my machine

1 2I 3_ 4

the line next to the 3 is blinking. im assuming thats the one i need to replace. theres also a vertical line next to the 2, maybe its running low. do i just pull it out, shake the new one a bit, and put the new one in. is there any other setting i need to adjust. sorry if it sounds dumb but i just dont want to damage anything. i have been reading posts about how expensive some parts are.

last question, can they be replace in the middle of the job, and then continue printing the job
The blinking one is the empty cartridge, just pull it and insert the new one, if youre in the middle of a job and you touch nothing else, it will resume printing where it left off, usually seamlessly.