• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing take up reel cable on HP 300 series (need wiring diagram or a broken motor assy)

kcorcoran

Premium Subscriber
The cable on my parts machine take up reel was badly damaged at some point. The wires were so short from the connector I couldn't trace them to the pins easily. I was able to cut apart the connector and I believe I traced them correctly. Rewired a new connector to the take up reel motor and installed the assembly on my HP310.

When I turn on the printer (HP310) the takeup reel motor blinks red and green (which means it's disabled). I've tried moving the dancer bar arm up and down but that doesn't change the light. Also switching the direction toggle to any of the 3 states don't change the light blinking.

Substrate menu shows take up reel button disabled.

I can turn the spindle in both directions with the arrow buttons.

Perhaps I got lucky and wired up the power correctly but got other wires mixed up? That would be some trick.

Here is that I came up with for pin out on the connector which goes directly to the TUR controller board in the motor housing.

451764759_1950078655422245_8199515944174177781_n.jpg

If anyone has a spare cable or a non-working motor assembly (also a longshot) that'd be super helpful.

Last question... should the dancer bar be loose and lay in the lower position or if you move it, should it stay where you move it. I'm guessing it should be loose and move freely up and down.

Last edited: