• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Researching the history of a printer

vectorterrorist

Sorry if this thread has been posted before- I am looking at a used printer right now and the owner has given me the serial number (it's a roland) where do I go...or which direction would you guys point me to find out the history on this printer?

:corndog: Heres a corndog for your help-

Sign to Go

I would ask the owner if the is a log book or service record for the printer. Maybe try to find out the dealers name and try to find some info that way. How old is the printer, is it still under some type of warranty?
I don't think they have a CARFAX or something like this.

Jim

Pat Whatley

Forget the serial number. Ask him if it's a Color Camm. If it is go find him and kick his ass for trying to dump that boat anchor on you.

weaselboogie

The easiest to research this machine is to do a search for 'boat anchor'.

42 results and most of them are about the pc-60 and pc-600. If you're looking for a cutter only, they work great.

CustomRide

Sorry if this thread has been posted before- I am looking at a used printer right now and the owner has given me the serial number (it's a roland) where do I go...or which direction would you guys point me to find out the history on this printer?

:corndog: Heres a corndog for your help-

Roland has been hush hush when we tried to get the history on used printers.

vectorterrorist

It's actually a roland vp 540 thats a year and a half old (still under the warranty) and has been upgraded to use the larger ink cartridges

Pat Whatley

3rd party ink? or the 440 roland oem ink cart?... 3rd party ink voids warrenty

It’s actually illegal for any company to force users to use a specific accessory product as part of the warranty. It's just like car dealers not being able to force you to have routine maintenance done at the dealership.