• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retro open channel with bulbs

jeffneon

Can someone suggest what tyoe of bulb to use for open channel with red bulbs, incandescent or LED, to give the old retro style theatre type of sign...or something like the TV series SMASH sign when they break to commercial.
Thanks

nwsigns

We just did one this year and used clear s14 11w bulbs but I think you can get them in various colors. I found Glantz to have the most variety for the sockets and bulbs. I know there are many LED options as well which will last longer but are REALLY expensive and dont have quite the same retro look if thats what your going for.

Mark S. Adams

Can someone suggest what tyoe of bulb to use for open channel with red bulbs, incandescent or LED, to give the old retro style theatre type of sign...or something like the TV series SMASH sign when they break to commercial.
Thanks

Bulb = 11S14/R - Red incandescent medium base lamps, available through Tublite. They also stock apropriate sockets for them as well. Just ask your tublite rep.

Good luck!
Mark S. Adams