• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RF640 Losing Channel

BunnyOne

Hello

I got one of my RF640 who's losing Magenta, only on the left channel.

I change the dumper, same problem. With Fill ink, it works 3/4 hours and then I'm loosing again and again the left magenta channel.

Thank for your help !

damonCA21

Did you also change the cap top? If it isnt sealing properly against the head this can cause problems. Did you also change the o-ring to the ink line nut as this can leak air and cause ink starvation.
What you need to do is work out step by step why ink is not getting to the head. Start at the ink cartridge dock and make sure the needle into the cartridge is clear, then clean out the ink line from the dock to the head. Once you know ink is getting to the damper freely, then you can look at the cap top and finally the head itself.

heyskull

I had the cap top replaced on mine and the issue has been fixed.
Eventually all of the colours failed, which means it wasn't getting a good seal.

SC

BunnyOne

Thank you for your answers.

Damon, i made your strategy, I saw air bubble in the ink line of the right magenta channel. I understand I had troubles with one of my cartridge, I saw magenta in back of my both cartridge magenta dock. Trying to fix it, change captop for fun, don't have problem during 2 /3 hours, and then still losing my right magenta channel.

damonCA21

OK if you have ink leaking showing at your ink dock then that is where the problem is, and would be letting in air. It could be a hole in the ink line, or the o-ring and nut that connects the ink line to the dock needs replacing. You need to clean all of that off and see if you can see where ink is leaking from.

damonCA21

They are the ones that connect the hose to the ink dock. You will need to remove the covers that cover the ink docks and you will see where the hoses connect onto them. They are small brass nuts and the o ring is inside them