• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ribbons of color

I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor. I am trying to print solid dark blue. It is not printing solid, but with ribbons of a lighter blue with it. It looks like it is next to a window with the mini blinds altering the color. I have read it may be the heaters. Any suggestions on how to make the print solid?

KRC SAFETY CO

i am also having the same problem with falcon...i have talked to mutoh and some other techs...they all say different things....mutoh told me wrong material for the printer..material loaded incorrect blah blah blah...i cant get an answer from anyone...so if someone could help us that would be wonderful

The place to begin is to print out and then assess the Nozzle Test Print. On the Falcon Outdoor, this is done by pressing two keys on the keypad at the same time (can't recall which ones, as it's been a year or so since I've been hands-on on that machine).

Look in your user manual or on-line at Mutoh's web site for specifics on this. I would guess that you will be experiencing nozzle problems in one or more colors, perhaps magenta, based on the problem descripton.

If you are seeing nozzle drop-outs, you have a host of things to try:
1) Run cleanings from the Control Panel.
2) Put Isporopyl Alcohol (IPA) into the capping stations on the printer, and then run more cleanings.
3) If it's been more than 6 months, replace the cap tops (2) on the machine.

Hope this helps

Bob