• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP and print from flexi not working... HELP

EternalAudio

If I do a direct print, it works fine.. If I try a RIP and print, all it does is continually feed without printing anything. Any ideas?
I am using an Epson printer.

Any other ideas on how to get registration marks to print so I can take it to the Graphtec for contour cutting?

iSign

give us a paragraph or two of EVERYTHING you ARE doing.. everything you KNOW, everything you THINK... and where you are most unsure of yourself...

that will make it a lot easier to help you then giving you a paragraph of EVERYTHING you should already know, which I don't have time to do right now. I'm running some halloween banners to my Mimaki, out of Flexi right now, so I MAY be able to help you, but I don't even know where to begin yet.

what you sending? rastor images? vector? Created in Flexi? imported?

are you familiar with the "contour" button, near the lower right corner of the advanced tab? (in the rip and print window) This is where some of the contour cut settings are, but the cutline also has to be designated as a "contour cut" in Flexi first.

Under the "arrange" manu, after selecting your contour (set to no fil, no stroke) go to "contour" and choose "make contour". If this is greyed out, you might first need to click on "convert to outline" also under the "arrange" menu in Flexi.

Bogie

Put a bullet in it, and save one for yourself. I've been trying for endless time to get my mess to work...

EternalAudio

Epson Stylus Photo R1800

If I go to File / Print... Prints fine. (No registration Marks however)

If I go to RIP and Print, all it does is feed sheets through the printer without printing anything.

I need it to somehow print reg marks so I can send it to my Graphtec to contour cut. I know how to contour cut. I dont know how to get it to print with reg marks.

fozzyber

The more I work with flexi, and SAi tech support, the more I wonder , this is the most popular program going. jez!
Not impressed with the design side, and don't get me started with customer service and tech support...
Onyx is not looking all that expensive....

iSign

Flexi works perfectly... every day... for 2 years... I never need SAI tech support, & never need onyx...

People's stuff not working is the stuffs fault sometimes. It's the peoples fault sometimes too.

mondo

Maybe because the printer is a desktop printer. And maybe you need to install a driver coz maybe flexi doesn't recognize the printer. Maybe just maybe.lol:Coffee:

dclet

Turn ColorCorrection off...see if it prints. I had this issue awhile ago
if I remember correctly it had something to do with "color modes"
and profile settings....

Wasn't long after I scrap'd flexi for printing. :)

D&Tgraphics

EternalAudio, Your kidding right? Your trying to Rip & Print a file to a desktop printer? That function is for large format printers not desktop ones. Plus what are you going to feed through it that is going to need countour cutting? I gotta hear this one. :)

signage

Bogie what is your vendor doing for you? They should be the one getting this working or they should replace it! There are a lot of people using Flexi without any issues!

fozzyber

Isign, I never said it did not work, it does work, just not very well.

EternalAudio, I think you need to add the printer in Production Manager, I think you need to add setup > add desk top printer.
then pick the windows printer. try that.

gvgraphics

In your flexi setup for the printer there is an option to generic desktop printer or just desktop printer. Select it and then rip and print. If the epson is installed via windows it will work for you.

MobileImpact

perhaps I am missing something here...
If its a desk top printer, why are you ripping and printing?

Shouldn't you be able to go File-Print?

fozzyber

perhaps I am missing something here...
If its a desk top printer, why are you ripping and printing?

Shouldn't you be able to go File-Print?

This is a common thing in t-shirt stuff, print on heat transfer with reg marks on your epson, then cut, then press.

EternalAudio

Thank you so much for all your help guys. Cypress Graphics (fozzyber) Yo are correct as far as T-Shirt stuff goes. And I found the printer exactly where you said it would be. Thanks so much. I had just assumed it would be in the Epson section. Go figure.

D&T Graphics, just F.Y.I, the Epson R1800 IS a wide format printer. It maynot be a 60" wide format, but it is clased as a LF. It not only accepts many different type of media, it also comes built in with a roll holder to feed large rolls of media. Banners, vinyl, HTT, canvas, etc.