• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rj900x printhead question

benski

Im battling with my Mutoh rj900x and cannot seem to find solution. I keep losing 1 channel of Cayan during print. If Im lucky I may get hour of both cayan but eventually will drop out. Entire channel. Do a handful of cleans and I get it back. Then During print it drops. Then I get it back and the other Cayan channel drops sometimes. My maintenance station seems to be pulling ink as I can see ink flowing. My dampers are 7 months old. Replaced both Cayans dampers and no improvement. Is my head shot?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
It sounds like your ink may be growing mold. Is this dye sub ink? You may need to flush the ink system. Your ink manufacturer probably has a cleaning solution for this or a recommended solution.

Good luck

benski

It sounds like your ink may be growing mold. Is this dye sub ink? You may need to flush the ink system. Your ink manufacturer probably has a cleaning solution for this or a recommended solution.

Good luck
I think you are right! It slipped my mind that few years ago my Cayan ink turned into a jelly substance. I then realized the bottle they sold me was expired. Yes, sublimation ink. I'm using Kiian ink. Only If I could charge or flush a single channel. Thanks

benski

I flushed my cayan entire line with di water. Cleaner my cartridge entirely. Poured in new ink bottle of cayan. Installed yet another set of dampers. Had to do about 7-8 cleans and finally got my cayan channel back fully. Did several nozzle checks and prints and channel was good. Printer sat for few hours. Tried to do a new nozzle check and sure enough the one channel is completely gone again. One channel is is consistently good the the other I keep losing the entire thing. If anybody has any ideas? Is it a head issue?

Robert M

Any air bubbles in the cyan ink lines? It is ink delivery or bad inks, we always hear, I have been using the inks for years , well sometime they make a bad batch