• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rj900x station cannot pull ink…

benski

My sublimation printer maintenance station will not pull ink. I installed new cap top no luck. New station and still no go. Dampners are new and have ink in them. Tried pushing cleaner through head and not clogged. Head is seated nicely. Anybody know how to trouble shoot this?

Lastly, if I push cleaner through head manifold and liquid comes out of adjacent manifold nipple is my head shot? Only some colors do this and some have no back flow all the cleaner comes out the nozzles.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you push fluid through one channel and it comes out the other, the head is dead unfortunately. The membrane that keeps the channels separate broke inside the head which is impossible to fix.

That being said, you should still be able to pull ink through with the station even with the broken head. Usually when a new maintenance station doesn't pull ink properly, the head isn't seated flat in the carriage or the bottom of the head is too dirty to make a seal. If you take care of those two things and it still won't pull, I'd suspect the station itself being bad, especially if it's a 3rd party one. We sell a lot of 3rd party parts but we only sell the OEM RJ-900 station because we've had issues with 3rd party ones.

benski

When you push fluid through one channel and it comes out the other, the head is dead unfortunately. The membrane that keeps the channels separate broke inside the head which is impossible to fix.

That being said, you should still be able to pull ink through with the station even with the broken head. Usually when a new maintenance station doesn't pull ink properly, the head isn't seated flat in the carriage or the bottom of the head is too dirty to make a seal. If you take care of those two things and it still won't pull, I'd suspect the station itself being bad, especially if it's a 3rd party one. We sell a lot of 3rd party parts but we only sell the OEM RJ-900 station because we've had issues with 3rd party ones.
appreciate the feedback. that makes sense. I bet it was me that broke the membrane. was trying to be extra careful using a syringe and cleaner to clean the head. now i need a station and head too...sweet! I'll check out your OEM mine is not.

sporgo

Its possible to have the heads for this machine serviced/rebuilt at a specialty shop in mainland China. Thats what I did with mine since the machine is basically obsolete the layout for a new head is not exactly a great idea. Turn around time was like two weeks and under $200. PM me for contact info if you want to go that route.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Its possible to have the heads for this machine serviced/rebuilt at a specialty shop in mainland China. Thats what I did with mine since the machine is basically obsolete the layout for a new head is not exactly a great idea. Turn around time was like two weeks and under $200. PM me for contact info if you want to go that route.
If it worked for you, consider yourself lucky! These heads are manufactured as a single, unrepairable unit. you can clear clogs with careful work, and replace the manifolds, but doing any internal repairs, such as fixing an internal membrane isn't possible.

sporgo

If it worked for you, consider yourself lucky! These heads are manufactured as a single, unrepairable unit. you can clear clogs with careful work, and replace the manifolds, but doing any internal repairs, such as fixing an internal membrane isn't possible.
Yes well if I listened to all those who said things are impossible I would never get anything done. They in fact can be repaired using special tools and a microscope jig. I came into possession of the literature that details the repair process in my searches but its outside the ability of most shops obviously.

I think they just collect cores from various sources and sell the ones that are easily cleaned for the most part.
At the end of the day I don't care as long as I can keep printing photos.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
In the immortal words of Lazaras Long in Robert Heinlein's 'Time Enough For Love' - “Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done and why. Then do it!”