• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rodeo clown barrel

Anyone done one of these. I have a relative that is a rodeo clown. I did his barrel last year and said I wouldn't do it again but like I said its family.

What I was thinking was 2 pieces and seem in the middle so I can pull up on the ends to prevent bunching issues. Any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 620

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
That graphic barely and poorly describes a cone...

No Euclid, that image describes a conic section which pretty much depicts the top and bottom sections of the subject barrel. Add to the pair of conics a simple band around the center and you could wrap it in three pieces.

Or, as previously noted, you could paint it which would probably stand up to a hostile bull a whole hell of a lot better than a couple of thousandths of vinyl.

Biker Scout

Don't mess with me... there's nothing I've ever excelled in better than spacial relations. :toasting:
I might suck at everything life has to offer, but I can 3D wrap my mind around any shape, flattened or otherwise.
In fact I often dream in complex expanding/unfolding geometric shapes.

And yes, I was talking about wrapping the tops and bottoms first. I omitted mentioning the cylinder part around the center for obvious reasons.

Biker Scout

Now, I obviously don't have the barrel's circumference, nor the diameter of the top ring and mid line. But if I did I could make you a perfect barrel wrap. I just quickly illustrated how the more complicated part of the barrel could be wrapped. Provided you have access to the barrel and can measure. My conical angle is too long, but hey... it was a friendly sketch for a suggestion. Sorry for helping out a fellow 101'r (I do all kinds of high end packaging all day long... I think I can picture what an unfolded barrel looks like)

This is a way to print the wrap and do it in one piece, although I'd not recommend it.
Barrel Thingy.png