• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND BN20 Printhead issue 2 x Nozzles not brining colour to the printhead DX7 VS 6701409010

adamfromayr

Hi

Ive changed all the Head cables!

Changed the Capping station

Changed the Dampeners

Changed the wipers

Used a syringe to pull the ink up to the head

Done many powerful cleans etc

After all this i have the two on the left-hand side they just DONT Draw any ink and fail to print the colours on that side which is
magenta

Ive tried almost everything, does anyone know why its failing to get the ink to the head?
DSC03040.jpg

damonCA21

Is this the same printer or your other one? It could be those channels on the head are actually dead or blocked

adamfromayr

Hi Damon stiull the first one, but almost there i think!

Thought best to do a new post , What makes them dead? or blocked?>

I done the head test and came out all the colours after many powerful washes and changing cables etc

But i have just done a large print and its missing the yellows now? :confused:

Please See the photo i just took now you can see the yellow in the test print but not on the larger image i think there is still air in the yellow line you can see the pic, i already bought a dedicated vacum waiting on delivery of it

How often do you have to do this on these printers i wonder?
DSC03054.JPG
DSC03049.JPG
DSC03048.JPG

netsol

damonca21,
doesn't this sound like a fuse?
perhaps ink spill or a foil conductor bent over on a ribbon cable, causing a blown fuse?
i have a bn-20 manual somewhere, but we have had one relative or the other in hospital for 2 months
i will try to look tomorrow

adamfromayr

I had a look on the mainboard and can only see the one fuse there and main board is green led looks ok

Thanks Damon :) i have manuals here and the service one looking at that for many hours also but not the user one yet lol

It could be a fuse but what fuse? Cables are ok just replaced those!

Just done a head check and looks ok

Lets try one x more powerful clean

Im guessing maybe air in hose? Fuse or bad head!

Im waiting on some parts for the 2nd printer so i cant fully compare until the parts come!

damonCA21

I would guess at air still leaking somewhere. The test print is showing the one yellow channel working fine, but not the one that shares the magenta damper.
It could be something like a tiny hole in the ink line, or the line not seating properly where it connects to the manifold. Could also be a small crack in the manifold. Even if its not printing yellow, a clean should fill the ink hose up to the damper, and looking at the pic it isn't getting there.

I would look at replacing all the hoses for the yellow channel and see if that solves it.

netsol

i was worried that it would be a crack on a manifold nipple.
the damn things are fragile , like your grandmother's christmas ornaments

he would need to take a bright light & a magnifier to examine the nipple in question AT LEAST I NEED THEM

the manifolds are inexpensive & fairly easy to change
he COULD swap the manifold off the old head, assuming a crack is not what started this whole thing in the first place.

if we have a tapered syringe from solvent inkjet, you can pull ink through the line right up to the damper & give it one more try.

THEN decide ifvyou are removing the manifold from the old head or buying a new manifold

BE GENTLE, they crack easily

netsol

amazon has some PRIME but looks like $94. but 2day shipping
if no cracks, the old one is fine

BE CAREFUL of spilled ink

i use cvs alcohol wipes where cleanup is necessary

adamfromayr

AWESOME NEWS!

Got it all printing

I agree Damon the ink lines should be replaced, and the manifolds ive ordered some spares

i will leave it for now on this unit but if i was to do another machine with similar pipes i would renew them

It's like blocked arteries cause issues with the heart

Maybe the tubes had small blocked parts in there

I might still replace them but no rush i will have to source the right size of y-joints!

Many thanks everyone it just took me 7 x days lol

DSC03055.JPG

adamfromayr

i was worried that it would be a crack on a manifold nipple.
the damn things are fragile , like your grandmother's christmas ornaments

he would need to take a bright light & a magnifier to examine the nipple in question AT LEAST I NEED THEM

the manifolds are inexpensive & fairly easy to change
he COULD swap the manifold off the old head, assuming a crack is not what started this whole thing in the first place.

if we have a tapered syringe from solvent inkjet, you can pull ink through the line right up to the damper & give it one more try.

THEN decide ifvyou are removing the manifold from the old head or buying a new manifold

BE GENTLE, they crack easily
ha ha me too i have the LED Magnifying glass, ive ordered lots of spares parts but for now it looks okay

If it happens again i will replace the yellow piping and y joints and manifolds for the head!

Ive ordered all the spare partts so will wait and see i did change one of the manifolds i will never know for sure hat the issue was but if it continues i will change all the Tubes, O-Rings, Manifolds on top of head!

As its okay right now but if it happens again im sure there is a micro air getting in somewhere!

damonCA21

Hopefully it will be ok now. Really once it is all working and being used regularly to keep the ink flowing, then it shouldn't need doing again. One of the printers I work on is 10 years old now, and has never needed any work on the ink lines ( the dampers get changed at the 3 month service we do )

adamfromayr

Hi this one is crying out loud for Felt wipers but these are in the post :)

Today i start on the second one but only for a small while as waiting on some more parts

Thanks again Damon:notworthy:

Adam

netsol

Hopefully it will be ok now. Really once it is all working and being used regularly to keep the ink flowing, then it shouldn't need doing again. One of the printers I work on is 10 years old now, and has never needed any work on the ink lines ( the dampers get changed at the 3 month service we do )
my sc454-ex is a 2006 model that i bought in 2016
we still print on it every day

adamfromayr

Hi i think they go in a bad mood if they are left alone for a while my ones are both bought as non working so im happy to say 1st one is okay for now will keep an eye on it

The picture i just done on it says it all

Thanks again everyone for taking the time out to help me!

Sure to ask new questions soon but that will be in another post

Here is the pic!

DSC03058.JPG