• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PNC1210

scant

Anyone here a current user of a Roland PNC 1210 ?

Have a few basic questions about the initial setup that I'm obviously too brain dead to figure out on my own.

Have the manual but still having problems, i.e. getting the origin set correctly. No matter where I set the origin the head always moves to center and begins cutting.

Thanks for any help.

Stan

Air Art Girl

Stan, I remember setting the origin on one we had set up. It's in the book, you just have to find it and read and set it step by step. Also OP is an old PNC user that might be able to help.

scant

Thanks all.

Ellen..... the plotter cuts great , definitely just a "user" related issue I am sure. Just not running on a full tank I quess.

Thanks for the heads up!

Air Art Girl

I will have to look at the manual again but I know that when you are setting it up you have to set it at rotate 90 degrees for it to start plotting on the front corner. I am just not sure without looking at the pdf manual at what step in the setup that is.

Glad you are cutting and making money again Stan.

scant

For the benefit of anyone having a similiar issue.

The main problem I experienced setting the origin point was actually two fold.

Firstly OP got me straightened out on the roland plotter settings, and secondly my contributing factor was the software I was using.

Circumstances forced me to use an older version of "SignGo" software (I know cheap stuff) because it was a super small sized install.

Finally took the time to get Flexi installed and all problems went away!

Like I said earlier.....user error. :doh: