• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Roland Printer can print on 3M Roll-Up Sign Sheeting RS30

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
I just found out something new that is awesome! I printed on 3M's RS30 Reflective Banner Vinyl Sheeting. This is the vinyl sheeting that the MUTCD recommends for rollup signs that are reflective(Mainly for nighttime traffic control). The Roland VG3-540 and VG3-640 printer has the ability to print on this material. Things to make sure you do before printing. The height setting for this material is HIGH. This material is thicker than most other banner materials so make sure you do not use the media clamps to keep the vinyl in place because they won't fit. You can use this material without the media clamps. The media settings will have to have it only "Printing Movement Range" with 'Media Width' because the side of media is thick and may catch it and ruin the print so make sure your Movement Range is set to Media Width so that it doesn't go all the way to left end of the printer. The heater and dryer settings need to be set on max because this is a thick material. Also, this material is not plottable. You cannot use your plotter on this material because the thickness. You have to cut this material manually. You can make any roll-up signs on this material using your Roland Printer. Only you have to adjust the media settings to the exact measurements I just explained. The MUTCD recommends 48'' and 36'' signs. However, the only thing I don't know is if the roll-up sign needs to be laminated after printing.
IMG_1764.JPG