• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC-500 Assistance needed...

TonyHoles

Ok so here is the story. The company I worked for has gone under and I have stepped out on my own once again. However, this time around I have a machine I have never worked with and it doesn't support Versaworks (I don't think) so I am lost when it comes to print/cut at the moment.

Here is what I have done so far:

- set up the sc500 and verified everything was in working order.
- set up a print server
- printed a test print and then ran a cleaning because the print called for it
- I calibrated the machine and in doing so there were some thin faded blueish marks but the black printed fine for the test a side from that.
- I printed just a sample image that was black and white and the black looked blotchy and spotty a bit. No blue faded marks but just poor quality.

So a side from not knowing how to print/cut from flexi I also need to know how to fix the poor quality of the print.

The machine has been modified to support eco-solvent inks and does have the media heater installed. I am running roland inks and have been told the machine has always used only roland inks. I am using oracal digital print vinyl just not sure exactly what kind at the moment.

So in summary:

1. How do I print/cut a decal from either flexi 8.5 (or ColorChoice 4.5)?
2. What should I do to adjust the quality of the print?....not sure if it profile issue or a media or printhead...etc. I was told the print heads should be fine and they were changed not that long ago.
3. What should the heat setting be on for the front and back heating strips?

Sorry for being so long winded lol

Thanks in advance,
Tony