• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sc540 EX heads dropping out

stillhasdust

I have a Roland sc540 EX Pro 2. I have had problems with the black firing half of a row during a tets print and the cyan not firing at all. I changed the two caps and some of the cyan came back but none of the black. I was wondering why half of the black wouldn't fire so I turned the printer off and swapped the cables on the cyan head with the black head (Thinking it may be the cables that are bad). I turned my printer on and it gave me a low temp error. I turned the printer off and swapped the cables back to their original posistion. Now when I turn the printer on a do a test print none of the cyan and none of the black shows up. Any ideas??

Last edited:

GTSTech_1

Put a Volt Meter on The F1 fuse on the Main Board. If it's dead, you got 2 options, replace the board or replace the fuse. Chances are you'll also need to replace either your black, cyan or both heads. Something cause the fuse to blow. If not the head then you could have a bad print carriage board, bad cable, etc.