• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sg2-300 post head strike

dennis jonon

got her back up and running from sitting in storage and, unfortunately walked to the next room without tightening the vinyl rollers and the vinyl was moving closer and closer to the left edge of the machine, all a sudden a head strike.

well the typical head strike happens, I get it cleaned up, going to run to test prints, and the test prints I got were quit unique.
ended up being perfect, except NO black printed what so ever. So it was printing a little bit bad, the three colors that is, cleaned up manually 1 time and 1 time easy machine clean, and got a PERFECT test print MINUS any Black ink what she ever, which ive never experience in owning three printers in 15 years.

Has anyone seen this for any colors at all not showing up while the other three are test printing perfectly?

Working with Roland next, and it's 1500 just for them to come out. Yikes. Thats the cheaper stuff too!

thank you

yay for Roland support.

if im in the market for a new printer in the future. who do you guys personally recommend for support and everything in between.
who makes everything as easy as possible through the process?

cornholio

When a VG/SG has a hard head crash, it can happen, that a head is shifted at an angle. This can keep the filler sensors from functioning properly. I had a case, where it overfilled one channel, causing drops on the vinyl. I could imaging a possible underfilling as well.
You should be able to see a slanted head on the normal nozzle test print. If that's the case, loosen both screws securing the head and tightening them again should bring it back into a straight position.

damonCA21

Often when you get a head strike it will be one of the outer channels gets the damage, so either the black or cyan. Heads can also be damaged by the impact itself as they are very delicate inside. Sometimes this can effect just one channel. Normally in this case it's time for a new head sadly

dennis jonon

does this kinda make sense to you with no black showing up? if its leaned away from black completely that could be the answer.... without knowing the internals of the machine...

they have mentioned in Tech so , until they can get out here, that it might of Fell of the track, so im trying to understand that... because everything is going in straight lines to other pieces on the machine so I dont see anything from the naked I that I understand would be wrong.

dennis jonon

Hi! Here is what im quoted from Nazdar. This is crazy! I owe less than this, and Wanted to upgrade for a while to the 54" haha... But, it Nazdar/Roland easy and good to stick with? Are any other companys better service, customer service, quicker... etc? Can anyone vouch for that stuff with say Epson? I dont really need more than 30 inch with the jobs I do, I just which a CMYK printer thats 30 inch, its 7 feet long in total still.

Attachments

• Estimate_52456.pdf
    316.9 KB · Views: 73

damonCA21

Well if you can replace heads yourself you will save a lot on that quote, but then if you can't you need to pay someone who has the expertise to do it. A lot of people have tried to replace their own heads, damaged them or the printer, then had to spend out even more money

cornholio

Replacing a head DIY isn't a good idea on a VG/SG, as you need to enter the head rank in service mode.
The quote looks OK, except that you only wrote about problems in black... so only one head/damper needs replacement. And the travel expense is a bit steep...

dennis jonon

A lot of people in the similar sports industry I was strictly doing for some time only, all switched to epson, and im thinking I might think about following them for much better colors.