• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Soljet 540 EX PRO 2 - Advice needed on printing Grays

Todd-sta

Hi good people.

I have a friend who owns a Roland SolJet 540 EX PRO 2 digital printer. I trade design work for use of his printer when I need it.

We have never been able to print good, desaturated gray tones.... they always come out either 'greenish' or 'bluish' or 'magenta-ish.'

My buddy talked to Roland quite some time ago and they told him there was a 'trick' within the profile set-up which would allow printing of good, neutral toned grays... WITHOUT sacrificing the quality of other color elements in the design.....and they told him at one time, but he has forgotten how to do it. Calls to Roland go unanswered. Now that his machine is no longer brand new - they want nothing to do with him Roland customer service sucks in our opinion.

So, wondered if anyone here has good advice on how to print decent neutral toned grays... such as gray dropshadows, etc without them looking like they were mixed with color.

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Oh... kind of important... he is using Color Rip software... not sure the version.