• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion ROLAND SOLJET Pro 4 XR-640 3RD PARTY INKS

premiercolour

Merchant Member
No Jetbest ink users? I will be one. For the record, we sell Jetbest ink in the US.

We sell whole lot of it. We purchased a brand new XR640 in 2016. We put Jetbest ink the first day. We don't do production; very little printing. We never had to replace the printhead for three years. My customer is still using it without need of changing the printhead. Keep in mind, printing is better than not printing on a solvent printer. Research jebest on signs101. Lots of positive reviews.

1. If your printer warranty is still active. Don't change unless you use so many ink sets per month
2. Don't change unless you use more than 2 sets per month for obvious savings
3. Don't buy it if you are an idiot pointing out that any problem is related to third party ink.

Only the US customers use OEM because they can sell more per square feet. You don't see that any where else. What do people use in their Roland printer? Jetbest is exporting to 80 countries in the world.

It is a 10-15 years technology. Yes there were issues but hey do you think Roland buys ink from one vendor only? There has to be someone else who would make equally good ink as that first ink vendor. As far as I know, Roland does not manufature ink in their facility. I say if the vendor could stand behind it, offer technical services. Savings make sense. Why not for a few thousand dollars per month?

OEM Cartridge = $112 each
Jetbest:Cartridge = $64
Each cartridge is $48 savings.
Two sets of 8 cartridge = $768 savings.

www.jetbestinks.com

Attachments

• JB_CJV150_1.jpg
    JB_CJV150_1.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 143
  • JB_UCJV_2.jpg
    JB_UCJV_2.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 156
  • JB_BN20.jpg
    JB_BN20.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6196.jpg
    IMG_6196.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 151
  • xr640.JPG
    xr640.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 152
  • xr640-1.JPG
    xr640-1.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 139
  • xr640-4.JPG
    xr640-4.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 143

flyplainsdrifta

No Jetbest ink users? I will be one. For the record, we sell Jetbest ink in the US.

We sell whole lot of it. We purchased a brand new XR640 in 2016. We put Jetbest ink the first day. We don't do production; very little printing. We never had to replace the printhead for three years. My customer is still using it without need of changing the printhead. Keep in mind, printing is better than not printing on a solvent printer. Research jebest on signs101. Lots of positive reviews.

1. If your printer warranty is still active. Don't change unless you use so many ink sets per month
2. Don't change unless you use more than 2 sets per month for obvious savings
3. Don't buy it if you are an idiot pointing out that any problem is related to third party ink.

Only the US customers use OEM because they can sell more per square feet. You don't see that any where else. What do people use in their Roland printer? Jetbest is exporting to 80 countries in the world.

It is a 10-15 years technology. Yes there were issues but hey do you think Roland buys ink from one vendor only? There has to be someone else who would make equally good ink as that first ink vendor. As far as I know, Roland does not manufature ink in their facility. I say if the vendor could stand behind it, offer technical services. Savings make sense. Why not for a few thousand dollars per month?

OEM Cartridge = $112 each
Jetbest:Cartridge = $64
Each cartridge is $48 savings.
Two sets of 8 cartridge = $768 savings.

www.jetbestinks.com

the xr in that video sounds gross. not to take away from your self plug...but is that what they normally sound like? ive had 3 and never made anything close to that noise

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We bought that XR640 new from a local Roland dealer. It wasn't in print production either. I think the printer has less than 300 printing hours at the time. Nothing was changed so it is as good as it can be.

No, the ink will not make the sound gross. LOL. Just want to clarify that since many people would say, "it is the ink".

flyplainsdrifta

haha no wasnt saying it would be the ink. maybe its just the echo in the room but it just sounds like cats hissing at each other back and forth. just me. sorry to derail the thread.

C5 Service&Repair

3rd party ink is a crapshoot. I know there are ink dealers on here that will say 'it's not the ink', but I've been on over 1000 service calls. Sometimes, it's the ink.
If you have 1 printer, and you use 1 set of inks every 2 months, and say it's half price off of OEM so you save $350/$400 every 2 months, or even every month...
New XR heads are about $3000 installed by a tech. Plus dampers, Plus wiper, felt, scraper..... Not worth it at all.

If you have 3, 4 , 5.... printers, and each one uses a full set of ink every month.... ok now the math starts to make sense.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Everyone is up to their opinion. Some people pray for rain; some pray for sun. Not one is right or wrong. We believe in Jetbest ink that would perform as good as OEM. Save lots of cash for something else. As simple as that.

Last edited:

JSI_Sign_Systems

Hope all is well to all .
Just like to share my experience while using the roland SOLJET Pro 4 XR-640 .

PURCHASE NEW in OCTOBER 2014 from authorized agent and only used ROLAND OEM ECO SOL MAX 2 INKS to date .
i never changed dampers and cap tops , but do change wiper and felt every 6 months .
I got exactly 5 years with both heads which was changed in OCTOBER 2019 , offcourse technician changed dampers and captop as well.
Thankful that i got 5 years with the heads , which i believe is due to using only ROLAND OEM INKS .

We all know OEM ink cost more than 3rd party or aftermarket ink , but do we really save more by switching ???????
I have been told using 3rd party inks the machines cleans more , thus using more inks, causing more ink spray or droplets on encoder strip and board, is this really true?
I have been told you must change dampers and captops every 3 months when using 3rd party ink .

Money saved in using third party ink goes back into consumable parts (damper, captop , felt and wiper) plus technician visit minimum 4 per year

So Do we really save money when using 3rd part ink .
Would really like to get feedback from fellow SOLJET Pro 4 XR-640 users

Thanks

Attachments

• nozzletest.jpg
    nozzletest.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 166

autoexebat

DO NOT ....I REPEAT DO NOT USE 3RD PARTY INKS ........ I'm on my 2nd hear in a year first head was fine until I switched to 3rd party . 3rd party inks killed it , I didn't realize it until after the fact . Ran 3rd parts durnig the life cycle ( 1 year ) with new head ( jetbest ) now the head is trash .

hazartilirot

Wow, it's all subjective. If you don't want - don't use it. :) An objective opinion is one of Ukrainian company shared a report of their Roland that has reached 12 milliards shots on 3rd party inks (it's the minimum. The maximum is 38 milliards shots on 3rd party inks).

As for changing a cap top - it doesn't relate to OEM or 3rd party inks. It's what's recommended by Roland. A cap top should be changed each half a year. I personally change once a year - scraper, wiper, cap top. Maintenance is done each Friday.

Last edited:

Boyanski

Same here. ~10 year old printer i bought this year, 2 heads changed during its life. Poorly maintained if ever, just printing every day. Never used a drop of original ink as far as i know the previous owner. I have done more maintenance for 2 months than though all its life

aP1dT8clF1aLPeRJ-Ip6Y_P-zRWNzjim1gazSj1KRFz-u6jV021nmSAE6a_jkuAU9HFMGWbyZlhe-AOGNS1B48iNE0SWSIT23PXULFZQ96O2RAc01S5a9b0DngRJW1O5torwUyDMUaifdXahGIJQrxMRVu4f7Oygyw-EUVHKLiMOudUtKVgk4h_EV-nkC_qYq7ugvBxUnBsHfQs0O_RcmcdgPxX9--M_S47qt9UUeQsGLNcV661WXqRLSl8Vg3yPfgbgaUNV6EJ4rKSRmFe6ik2-qVO2UZYQWotSqW4UeFdyvQv2eFQU_W1PDgRkSjLitIWc2nl2J0rFl3foHe4PxuvYNzUvl2CLq-emvrkRx4IhdLRcAcsiaqKxIJjKzvZxwiwGb0kBUJo0wukFGnXn9PgWhqJLkzZCtvZH5CapiztDCtGpyl0nMBZTFfJHkbySF3-NTuKnWeB5cEjbVdVGyeJ_f942tSu2HgbGt-1oNwHeDa9rwX8ywpMeuYCA9AuP2SaZZkzFB5qBiEJ8rB4-yqHyUTLd4_SupMj9AzqBxl9yM8Ys2zUk_hAZ3MWGd4JMs7Pk-9x8e0xxv7ljIfEU7mUIcL1LnVBaMAabKyfk_2kCXjjJkPiIFFlRKGponpAfaZysZBj6v7lC9tQGGJArHbuqcFcX4BnY_cLQIKXje43lDLe1sG8aa890=w2560-h1440-no

premiercolour

Merchant Member
People like to save money and whenever there is a problem. It is third party ink. The take up reel is not working; it is third party ink. Customer did not change damper; it is third party ink. Customer changed aftermarket damper and printer is not working; it is third party ink.

It is funny.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
DO NOT ....I REPEAT DO NOT USE 3RD PARTY INKS ........ I'm on my 2nd hear in a year first head was fine until I switched to 3rd party . 3rd party inks killed it , I didn't realize it until after the fact . Ran 3rd parts durnig the life cycle ( 1 year ) with new head ( jetbest ) now the head is trash .

Autoexebat, would you like to give us a call about your issue. We have not heard anything from you.

Boyanski

Obviously is up to "From whom i buy the 3rd party inks". I am in Spain and there are only a couple of dealers here. So the guys that i buy the ink from sell new printers, second hand printers and i have seen them at show, all of their printers running the ink. If they sell crappy ink they will be out of business in a day.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Obviously is up to "From whom i buy the 3rd party inks". I am in Spain and there are only a couple of dealers here. So the guys that i buy the ink from sell new printers, second hand printers and i have seen them at show, all of their printers running the ink. If they sell crappy ink they will be out of business in a day.

Well said. Premier Color have been selling Jetbest ink for about 10 years. Jetbest Taiwan has been around fo 16 years.