• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp-300v making thumping noise

ando

My Roland sp-300v is making a thumping noise every time the cutter or printer head carriage moves. It started making the noise during the middle of print job.
I have also have got to massages when restarting. When I turned it back on I got internal error 1210278. I restarted the printer and got this message " service call 0106".

I have attached a video.

Please advise

Attachments

• Roland noise.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 55

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
If you move the print head carriage by hand, do you hear the noise and feel any repeating resistance synced with the noise? Also listen carefully to see if you can tell where the noise is coming from. Insure the printhead is unlocked and power down by turning off the MAIN power switch and unplug it. Remove the control panel and examine the gears on the scan motor and drive gear for any build up or debris.

ando

If you move the print head carriage by hand, do you hear the noise and feel any repeating resistance synced with the noise? Also listen carefully to see if you can tell where the noise is coming from. Insure the printhead is unlocked and power down by turning off the MAIN power switch and unplug it. Remove the control panel and examine the gears on the scan motor and drive gear for any build up or debris.
No, there is no noise when I move the carriage by hand.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Epsons require periodic cleaning of ink overspray from clear index bands and disks. Maybe Rolands require the same? I dunno. An Epson will thump when the head starts its to return from the starboard side.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Thank you for the update. Keep in mind, the SP-300V is still a solid printer and has value if repaired or as a parts machine, especially the electronics.