• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printlinne

Hello everyone,
I want to ask about printhead.
Want to buy new printhead for sp-540i.
i see many models have in ali express with different prices but i dont know which one better.
Anyone can suggest me seller in aliexpress and which model printhead i must buy?
And question 2 can i replace it myself or only service can do it?
Thanks!

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Yes, I believe so. As far as I know, they use the same heads as our SP-300V's. To answer your second question, it is possible to change yourself if you feel comfortable and have some experience doing stuff like that. I would recommend getting your hands on a service manual, as it will walk you through the steps.

damonCA21

None of the cheap heads from china are worth buying. At worst they will send you nothing, at best a 'refurbished' used head that doesnt work ( there is no way to refurbish the heads ).
Pay a bit more and buy from a proper seller local to you and save yourself the headaches !

Terry01

None of the cheap heads from china are worth buying. At worst they will send you nothing, at best a 'refurbished' used head that doesnt work ( there is no way to refurbish the heads ).
Pay a bit more and buy from a proper seller local to you and save yourself the headaches !
Never had a problem with Sign in China and never had a printhead fail.

Mantaworld

I have purchased over 25 DX4 Heads from Claraprint in China. Fast delivery and I believe they are currently on sale for $425.00 US each. Not one problem ever!

damonCA21

Never had a problem with Sign in China and never had a printhead fail.

Really how many have you bought? I have fitted heads bought cheap from china for customers, and I would say you have about a 30% chance of getting a decent one.

adamfromayr

mmmmmmm Im due o buy these Digisupplies is the same price as China! Only downside is i will have a big VAT TAx bill from them but at least they will be more reputable?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
mmmmmmm Im due o buy these Digisupplies is the same price as China! Only downside is i will have a big VAT TAx bill from them but at least they will be more reputable?
No, don't buy from them. If you have any issues, they'll just blame you and not help at all. Know many others that haven't had a very good experience with them either. Although it would be nice to say buy one from your local dealer, as this is a printer is at end of life, it's getting harder and harder to find parts and sometimes the Chinese suppliers are the only option. You just need to find a good reliable one.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've stayed out of this one just because we're in America and wouldn't be a good option for you due to shipping cost etc. But just wanted to add some info that may help. There's not a single supplier or manufacturer who will warranty a print head installed by an end user. That's the inherent risk in DIY repair. Any site or supplier that says they give a "1 year manufacturer's warranty" or similar are 100% lying to you so be careful. Even official dealers with certified techs installing the head only get 90 days.

damonCA21

They are reputable in as far as the heads they buy come direct from Epson, and are new. However, they won't warranty the head at all if you fit it, nor if you use non OEM inks ( which is ironic as they sell their own brand inks for them ! ).

They are also a total nightmare for returns. I stopped dealing with them because they would never admit fault for anything faulty, and if they did would take months to refund you

Terry01

Really how many have you bought? I have fitted heads bought cheap from china for customers, and I would say you have about a 30% chance of getting a decent one.
80 plus. I only work on machines with the DX4 heads. Currently have 2 sp300, 1 sp540 and an RS640 for sale... Basically stick to to the Roland XC SP VP and RS models. Do have a couple of clients that have old JV3 printers too. Also the reason is the turnaround time and freight pricing. Heads out of the States or Europe have BS freight charges. Heads usually cost between $480usd and $530usd.

Last edited: