• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V Banding Issue?

tancehughes

Hello, I recently purchased a used Roland SP-540V. I really like it and it has been pretty good for me, however I'm printing some banners that have large solid areas of royal blue and every few inches it seems as though there are bands of pinkish color showing up. They only spread about halfway across the banner and then the blue fills back in. I have set the calibration and cleaned the heads on both medium and powerful mode.

I've read a few places where people have mentioned that it might be the dampers.. Does that sound familiar to anyone around here? I'm new to digital printing so I'm not too familiar with all of this. Thanks in advance!

NoBull Graphix

What inks are you using. Inktek or 20/20(same ink) did that on mine and I had brand new everything. Changed to Solaris Inks and hasnt happened since. Solaris is very good 3rd party inks..

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
What inks are you using. Inktek or 20/20(same ink) did that on mine and I had brand new everything. Changed to Solaris Inks and hasnt happened since. Solaris is very good 3rd party inks..

Haven't tried 20/20 but I couldn't be happier with my Solaris inks for my Roland since I switched from Ecosol Max. I would recommend switching if you aren't in warranty anymore. WAY more affordable too.

7_nebo_7

If you have not stable printing. First check the ink. May be you need change the dampers. Try print in the slow speed. And uni direction. If it is will be better result you can change ink and dampers.