• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland SP300V not printing at all......

guillermo

I have this printer and from 1 print to another (same print, making 59 copies), suddenly stopped printing red, I cancel the job and did a print test, the magenta was not even, did a manual clean and also a medium clean and another test print, this time magenta was gone, did another manual clean and no luck, now it is not printing at all, a test print will show just 1 or 2 small lines of blue, checked the ink lines and there is not ink, (cartridges are ok), the pump works fine but I do no see the ink coming in the black, blue and magenta, yellow there is ink, but it does not move, the spliter from the cap tops to the only hose to the pump (it looks like a Y), is clear, that means clean that no ink is going through the head..... any help please.

Thanks in advance:Oops:

joeshaul

Are you sure the pump is working fine? I know the first model of the SP300's pump had some issues and would eventually fail, a tech came out and replaced mine about a year and a half ago and said it was a common issue with that model of pump and the new one is much more solid. The lines looked like the pump was pulling the ink in, but it was also backflushing ink into the other lines (putting some black in the yellow line).

guillermo

I forgot to mention that, yes, it has the new pump, but it the yellow ink it is seen in the line, but it does not move, while the others are empty.

guillermo

I kind of solved the problem, I do not how, but the lines got air, using the syringe I was able to feed the ink to the heads, test print looks ok, on black, cyan and yellow, only the magenta is printing yellow too.
progress.gif
:thumb: