• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland Sp300V over spray on prints

allsho80

I have a SP300V and it has been over spraying. The pics attached shows it starts printing good. Then towards the middle it sprays all over.. then ends with a good print. Heads printed a really good test. Blue and red both did it which are on different heads. Thought it may be a software glitch so swapped out computers and still doing it. Could it be the encoder strip? Thanks in advance, Alan

allsho80

Screenshot_20220223-232528_Gallery.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you cleaned the encoder strip recently? I am experiencing the same thing and from everything I can read, it sounds like the heads are starting to go. But if you find a different solution, I'd love to hear it, as it would save a few bucks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Post a nozzle check but that does seem to be a failing head. Could be just deflecting nozzles though. Have you tried a head soak yet?

Chris.m

Given the artwork appears to be a circle, it would make sense quality is lost for what is perpendicular to the printhead's imaging direction. This looks more calibration related (combination of printhead parallelism to media, head height, possible vibrations, encoder as mentioned, etc). Try printing a simple XY grid of the same stroke weight as the black in your artwork (or some other alignment targets) and let us know the results. Some observations attached. The presence of Microweave banding can be evidence of printhead alignment and/or feed rate calibration between passes as well.

Verify media remains flat throughout the print.

Setting a high PH carriage speed can amplify these artifacts, if your machine has such features..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 1.13.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 1.13.07 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 1.31.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 1.31.39 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 98