• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland TrueVis VG3-540 printing issues

HIWAYCRIS

Hello, hoping someone can shed some light on why I’m having this issue printing on a Roland Truevis VG3-540. Using Orafol 9900 reflective sheeting. Also, we are using Ergosoft 17 rip software. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0464.jpeg
    IMG_0464.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 49

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
If this is HIP material, a translucent overlay(electrocut is the most common brand name) will work much better for traffic signage and meet the FHWA guidelines. There are certain printers, like the TrafficJet for example, that can print directly onto the HIP material, but the investment in a printer like that would be significant compared to just using a vinyl cutter to cut the translucent film.

If this is HIP material, a translucent overlay(electrocut is the most common brand name) will work much better for traffic signage and meet the FHWA guidelines. There are certain printers, like the TrafficJet for example, that can print directly onto the HIP material, but the investment in a printer like that would be significant compared to just using a vinyl cutter to cut the translucent film.
Phil is absolutely correct. If this is printed Regulated Traffic Signage (to be used on a public roadway in North America), there are very strict and well-defined standards for color and retro-reflection that must be met. These standards are defined by ASTM. Avery sells the TrafficJet into this market, while 3M partners with HP Latex to address printed Regulated Traffic applications.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Roland has partnered with Oracal I believe and uses a Flexi package branded as TrafficWorks. I'm not sure if that's still a current offering though.