• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VD-540

Sticker Ninja

Help Please...I can print all day long with my VS-540 with no trouble. When it comes to cutting that's another story. My process:
Print with registration marks, remove and laminate, return to cut. During the cutting process it will read the first, second and third registration marks but upon return the carriage / blade will stop on the fourth from the left blue strip and the machine shuts off completely with no error code. Sometimes it will actually read all the registration marks and start cutting but partially through the cutting process it will stop in the exact same spot and the machine shuts off / looses power. I've cleaned this thing to no end and still same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like your signal is being cut off for whatever reason and the printer is not receiving the entire file.

Hey Sticker Ninja,

Gino is on the right track, this seems to be a signal issue, which will require inspection by your authorized Roland dealer. You can work on scheduling service later with them, and for the short term, you should be able to get your job completed by performing a manual crop mark alignment. That process is illustrated in the VS-540 user manual, starting on page 127. If you don't have the manual, you can access it online here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/d...vices/manuals and guides/vs-640_use_en_r4.pdf

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn