• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaWorks 2.20

Gordy Saunders

I've got this new (to me) printer - Roland XC 540.

I am going through the box of stuff that is with it and what I see is a Box with Roland VersaWorks RIP & PRINT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE.

I have Flexi Pro, and I have Omega. Will this VersaWorks stand alone to run this printer or will I have to use Flexi or some other program with it to get the job done?

Can I buy another computer and just load it up with VersaWorks so the whole system is independent of all my other systems?

Thank You in Advance for any forthcoming help.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
soljet III? If so, Yes VersaWorks will get the job done! I have been running it since April.

Yes you can use a individual computer (Windows XP) just make sure you know how to network the computer to the printer.

signs2trade

Roland (versaworks) Does Not Support Vista. I Do Run Versaworks On One Of My Vista Machines With No Problems....but....there Could Be A Glich....and Roland Will Not Support It........

cgsigns_jamie

You'll want to upgrade to VersaWorks 3, free download once you install 2.2.
It may only be 32bit compatible but it runs great on my XP x64 rip computer. I've also run it on Vista with no issues.

Also be sure you update the firmware on the printer. Version 2.2 and up includes the new Roland Intelligent Pass feature which speeds up printing. You can also go HERE and type in the serial number of the machine and Roland will mail you a new kit that includes the Firmware upgrade disk and new media flanges. They were doing this for free at the beginning of the year when they released the update.

You can use Flexi to run the printer. I sometimes use it but I prefer using VersaWorks. I installed VersaWorks on my design system with Flexi so the "Send To VersaWorks" buttom appears in the file menu. I don't run VW on that computer but it has to be installed in order for that feature to show up in Flexi.

I have a mapped network drive on my design computer that points to the job input folder for VW on our RIP computer. Then my settings in Flexi point to that drive so it saves the EPS files on the remote RIP computer instead of the local version installed on the design computer.

Then when I complete the design in Flexi I just select it and click the "Send To VersaWorks" button and a nice EPS file shows up in VersaWorks print queue automatically on the Remote RIP computer. I then use Remote Desktop to control the remote computer from my design computer.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. If you have any questions about VW or the XC let me know, I'd be glad to help!

Gordy Saunders

Thanks everybody for the help and info. I'll let you all know when I am up and running with it. Have to build a new office just to house it, and I don't expect that it will be done for about a week.