• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versaworks 3 Profile Quality Settings

jasonx

Hey guys,

Pretty sure in v2 of versaworks I could enable disable different quality settings for profiles. I.e. add a 1440by1440 option under a profile if it wasn't present.

I've looked and looked but I can't find how to do this in v3 of versaworks? I've been looking in media explorer. Any ideas?

Some profiles have the 1440x1440 option but some don't.

Print modes (resolutions + pass counts) are determined by the person who builds the Media Profile. It is not, nor was it in Versaworks version 2.x something that the user of the profile can select without having been previously profiled. In other words, your options are to either do it yourself, or you are effectively at the mercy of the supported resolutions in available canned Media Profiles available from Roland or the media manufacturer.

Bob

Jack Knight1979

I find a canned profile with the head passes, etc., I need and then re-profile from there. Copy the profile and rename it to your new media. Then set the ink sat, color ramps and ICC.

I haven't had to make a new profile in 3 yet, but for the first version of VW I was not able to select head passes/ resolution from scratch. Only update canned profiles like suggested.