• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaWorks Re-Install IP HELP, please!

phototec

Ok, last Friday my hard drive crashed and I lost all my apps, I have reinstalled everything except I'm having trouble with VersaWorks.

Originally when my SP-540V was installed by a Roland tech he setup the TCP/IP settings, I don't know anything about these setting!

I was able to install the VW 2.30 from the CD which came with my printer back in 2010, and Roland sent me a link to three different updaters, which I have completed, however I was suppose to follow these instructions:

After the update has been applied, simply launch VersaWorks as normal, and select the printer before clicking the "verify" button. The printer should be identified, then you can click the "OK" button to finish loading VersaWorks.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Segoe UI, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]However my printer was NOT available and the IP Address was 0.0.0.0[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Segoe UI, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]I don't know where or how to find the IP Address, so I selected cancel, then I launched VW again and now it comes up with a different printer as the default and I and I'm even more confused. When I select the add new printer icon in the top right nothing happens.

Can ANYONE help and guide me to get my printer to be seen in VW?

Thanks

[/FONT]

Attachments

• Roland IP ADDRESS.jpg
    Roland IP ADDRESS.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 752
  • AJ-1000.jpg
    AJ-1000.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 618

Ragnabrok

install intercon net-tool (google it, it's free), that will find the printer and its IP address, plug the number into VW and you should be good to go.

phototec

install intercon net-tool (google it, it's free), that will find the printer and its IP address, plug the number into VW and you should be good to go.

Ok, thanks I downloaded InterCon NetTool from the RolandDGA website and ran it, however the IP address on the printer is different from the IP address on my computer. Remember my hard drived crashed and I had to install a new version (different version) of Win 7 and also changed from the Home Ultimate version to Pro version.

I believe the IP address on the printer is from my OLD version of Win 7, right?

Am I suppose to change the IP address in the printer to match the IP address on the Computer?

Thanks

Ragnabrok

The IP addresses have to be different, by at least 1 number, so the one on the printer should still be accurate.

phototec

The IP addresses have to be different, by at least 1 number, so the one on the printer should still be accurate.

Yes, the last digit only, but I have complete different IP Addresses (see attached) screen capture.

Computer IP Address: 169.254.158.216

Printer IP Address: 169.254.098.047

Should they be the same except for the last digit?

Attachments

• IP Address Setting are Different on Printer and Computer.jpg
    IP Address Setting are Different on Printer and Computer.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 701

J Hill Designs

Yes, the last digit only, but I have complete different IP Addresses (see attached) screen capture.

The first 3 sets of numbers have to be the same. if your computer isn't on a network, and only connected to the printer, change your ethernet IP on the computer. if its on a network, it needs to stay at 169.254.158.xxx and you should be able to change the printer IP to match (with the xxx being different from any other computer on your network)

phototec

Ok, I don't know anything about networking!

My printer is connected with a crossover cable!

I didn't know what to do, so I entered the Printer IP address in VW, and the it was recognized, so I changed the printers in VW and deleted the AJ-1000, then tried a test print from VW, and the printer stared printing, I almost fell out of my chair.

The I opened a new job and !the file to the printer and it printed.

The weird thing is the Computer IP address is different from the Printer IP address?

Computer IP address is: 169-254-158-216
Printer IP address: 169-254-098-047

ONLY the first six are the same, but it is working....Strange!

Brian27

Computer IP address is: 169-254-158-216
Printer IP address: 169-254-098-047

ONLY the first six are the same, but it is working....Strange!

It's all about how your network drivers are setup. If you have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, which is the most common, two IPs on the network would be like 192.168.0.20 and 192.168.0.50 but if your subnet mask is setup up like 255.255.0.0 your IPs would be more like what you have.

Yours seems to be working fine but that's just a useless bit of information to answer your question. :)

phototec

It's all about how your network drivers are setup. If you have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, which is the most common, two IPs on the network would be like 192.168.0.20 and 192.168.0.50 but if your subnet mask is setup up like 255.255.0.0 your IPs would be more like what you have.

Yours seems to be working fine but that's just a useless bit of information to answer your question. :)

No info is useless, I appreciate all the info and help I have been given, I'm trying to learn as I go in my old age, lol.

Working as a graphic designer at Dell and Texas Instrument, we had IT folks take care off all the networking stuff, as a matter of fact we were NOT allowed to mess with anything on our graphic work station.

Loosing the hard drive and all the apps, fonts etc. was devastating, now I need to lean about making a CLONE hard drive and have it ready the next time this happens, I don't want to go through this again.

Anyone readying this, take note, hard drives fail this one lasted 5.5 years, be prepared.....

Thanks everybody for the HELP.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
We have a Roland 54" printer. You can get the IP address of the printer directly from its command menu on the front of the printer. Scroll down to the System Info category, choose Network and it should list the IP address in there.

Brian27

No info is useless, I appreciate all the info and help I have been given, I'm trying to learn as I go in my old age, lol.

Loosing the hard drive and all the apps, fonts etc. was devastating, now I need to lean about making a CLONE hard drive and have it ready the next time this happens, I don't want to go through this again.

Thanks everybody for the HELP.

I can imagine. I clone drive would help you, but only if you updated it regularly. Otherwise you could revert back to a 1 year old version of everything which is almost as frustrating.

We have all our files backed up in the cloud (Google Drive) but there are a lot of different services available. We pay $2/month for 100gb of space. It's obviously not ALL our files and no software but the important stuff that would suck to lose. The thing I like the most is that it auto syncs to all of our computers. So, if I make up a file on my office computer and save it to Drive, itll auto-upload from mine and auto-download on the Printer computer...and every other computer in the building for that matter.

It won't save you from having to start from scratch software wise, but at least you'll have all your design files. You get 15gb free with a Google account if you want to try it out.

phototec

I can imagine. I clone drive would help you, but only if you updated it regularly. Otherwise you could revert back to a 1 year old version of everything which is almost as frustrating.

We have all our files backed up in the cloud (Google Drive) but there are a lot of different services available. We pay $2/month for 100gb of space. It's obviously not ALL our files and no software but the important stuff that would suck to lose. The thing I like the most is that it auto syncs to all of our computers. So, if I make up a file on my office computer and save it to Drive, itll auto-upload from mine and auto-download on the Printer computer...and every other computer in the building for that matter.

It won't save you from having to start from scratch software wise, but at least you'll have all your design files. You get 15gb free with a Google account if you want to try it out.

I din't loose job files, I have everything backed up on a RAID dual hard drive.

Just thinking about having a CLONE OP drive and updating it monthly.