• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Roland Vp540

Michael Barbare

Help
Roland vp540

Always use Roland ink and parts

Magenta and yellow stop printing at same time

I did manual clean

Installed new cap tops all 4
Pulled vacuum on magenta and ink comes through
Pulled vacuum on yellow and it will not pull ink through into the syringe

I am assuming you are trying to pull ink through the hose on the cap...

Double check your new cap top. There is a little white piece of plastic that hangs off the bottom of the cap... be sure that it is towards the back of the printer when it is installed, otherwise the cap will not sit properly in the capping station.
Also, sometimes the cap will sit kind of crooked even though it is installed properly. Take a look at it and make sure it is sitting the same as the others... if not, you can tap it with your finger to get it seated properly.

I have to mention this, as some people do this... don't install the new cap onto the old hose. This can cause the same issue.

Michael Barbare

I am assuming you are trying to pull ink through the hose on the cap...

Double check your new cap top. There is a little white piece of plastic that hangs off the bottom of the cap... be sure that it is towards the back of the printer when it is installed, otherwise the cap will not sit properly in the capping station.
Also, sometimes the cap will sit kind of crooked even though it is installed properly. Take a look at it and make sure it is sitting the same as the others... if not, you can tap it with your finger to get it seated properly.

I have to mention this, as some people do this... don't install the new cap onto the old hose. This can cause the same issue.

Michael Barbare

So I have done the suggestions and double checked the cap tops

Is it possible the print head needs to be adjusted

I moved this printer with me about a 2 hour drive down the interstate I did put the print head lock on it and prepare it for transport

But since it have been set up at new location it has been off a little ?

Joe House

If you're getting no ink out of either head, then your problem is the head fuse on the main board is blown. The real question would be "why did the fuse blow?" If you've been plugging/unplugging cables with the printer plugged in, that would do it. Spilled ink on the head or cables could do it. A bad head could do it...

Lots of reasons. Could also have been a transient spike the just took out the fuse. Hard to tell. Check the fuse first.

Michael Barbare

If you're getting no ink out of either head, then your problem is the head fuse on the main board is blown. The real question would be "why did the fuse blow?" If you've been plugging/unplugging cables with the printer plugged in, that would do it. Spilled ink on the head or cables could do it. A bad head could do it...

Lots of reasons. Could also have been a transient spike the just took out the fuse. Hard to tell. Check the fuse first.

Michael Barbare

A car accident took out a power line and the power to the shop makes sense about the fuse

I know that there are 2 glass fusses on the bored are there any others ?