• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS 300i - cutting pressure issue . Settings and actual pressure is not the same.

Printer101

I started having an issue with my printer cutting jobs too deep.
When I do test cut , it is all fine and good. My regular settings I been using for years.
With test cut, only vinyl is being cut and backing is untouched.
However when actual job is printed and cut, for some reason roland is cutting way too deep . Like it is almost through the paper with wall fabric vinyl.
And definitely cutting through the backing with sign vinyl. Back in a day it used to work just fine without cutting too deep.
I tried to make pressure less but this way it is not cutting through the vinyl on test cut.
I recently changed cutting strip. Not sure what the problem can be .

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You can send cut pressure from the software side or from the cutter side.

Look at your software cut settings in your software. I always set pressure and send from the software side since All the parameters are up on the screen

It’s a simple box to put a check in.

If your hitting the test cut on the printer it will be what is set on the cutter. Easy fix.