• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roll laminating

Limolzi

Hi there.

I'm not a newbie per se. I've been in the business for nearly a decade. But this is kind of a newbie question.

Recently I have been wanting to learn properly how to laminate with a roll laminator. We have a EasyLite machine in our production.

I feel like I have watched every tutorial I can get my hands on but somehow every other time I manage to mess up the beginning or forget to take something into consideration, and after say a couple of meters the overlam begins to drift and by the end of the job I've got laminate over the edge of the printed roll causing issues (fastening itself onto the laminator rolls or table, and so on). I have managed in the past to succesfully laminate the whole job (length varies from 6 meters to about 30 meters), but those times can be calculated with the fingers of one hand (dont know if that is a real saying in english :D). To put it out there, I've never used the heat option on the laminator although it has one (I want to say it goes up to like 50C but not sure).
We have a Rolls roller flatbed laminator and it is not so often that we have jobs that'd require more than the 3,5ish meters length laminated seamlessly. But It'd be alot faster to laminate a whole roll of prints in one go than to cut it to sheets and individually laminate each job.

Anybody know a full failsafe method/tutorial? Of course the materials affect on how you handle the procedure (?), but I imagine the principles are always the same?

Thanks!

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
If the laminate travels to the right or left after X meters, then the nip is off and needs to be reset. One side is lower than the other and that is the reason it travels. I'm unfamiliar with the EasyLite laminator, but there should be instructions on how to reset the nip.

Limolzi

If the laminate travels to the right or left after X meters, then the nip is off and needs to be reset. One side is lower than the other and that is the reason it travels. I'm unfamiliar with the EasyLite laminator, but there should be instructions on how to reset the nip.
Thanks! That sounds logical. I'll see if I can find the manual somewhere.