• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roof topper for pizza company

signwizz

i just got a customer who wants these roof topper signs done for a pizza delivery place the problem is the material is like the stuff little tykes stuff is made from.I put a peice on and it sticks soso but in 5 minutes it starts to drop off.Is there anything to clean it with or clear over top of it ,it lights up so i cant paint it......im in a jam with this have no idea what to do any help would be appreciated

thanks shane

jfiscus

Rap Master
Post up a pic of the topper, all of the toppers I've seen are vinyl friendly out of the box... Maybe the customer is providing materials to you that is technically "un-useable" for the application they are intending?

mopar691

I use a good quality plumbers torch and map gas for "torching" all my signcade frames. I do about 4 of these a month. Even when reapplying after a few months another torching is needed for the application area. I have not seen a failure yet when doing this.

Do the water test on them before and after. You will see a huge difference.

Attachments

• csclinic.jpg
    csclinic.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 80

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
you could also use a 3m edge prep ... little more expensive but probably worth it ... that or install on really thin lexan and screw into the housing.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
if you bought the topper new, they should have given you a clear plastic decal that "sticks to the topper" BEFORE you place your artwork on it. this is the only way. (i am asumming you bought them from HTH