• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Routing/Cutting charges

10sacer

How are you guys (guys with router/cutters) figuring out what to charge for cutting pre-printed graphics on materials like 1/2" Ultraboard, 1/8" polycarb, 6mm PVC.

Do you price by the piece, by time, by square inch? Do you always charge a setup fee? Obviously cutting one big graphic out of a 4x8 is going to take less time than cutting 32 smaller graphics out of same size sheet - but square footage remains the same.

Just trying to wrap my head around correctly charging for this service and not reaming anyone but not leaving cash on the table, as well.

Any resources or suggestions are appreciated...

Also - I did search the archives for this but after the first 5 pages had nothing on it relating to my search - I started this thread.

Last edited:

DSC

How are you guys (guys with router/cutters) figuring out what to charge for cutting pre-printed graphics on materials like 1/2" Ultraboard, 1/8" polycarb, 6mm PVC.

Do you price by the piece, by time, by square inch? Do you always charge a setup fee? Obviously cutting one big graphic out of a 4x8 is going to take less time than cutting 32 smaller graphics out of same size sheet - but square footage remains the same.

Just trying to wrap my head around correctly charging for this service and not reaming anyone but not leaving cash on the table, as well.

Any resources or suggestions are appreciated...

Also - I did search the archives for this but after the first 5 pages had nothing on it relating to my search - I started this thread.

We charge an hourly rate - Our software plus our experience tells us how long it will take to cut something -

So to answer we charge by time .. The shop costs and machine determine the price per hour. every shop/machine is different ..