• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Royal Sovereign 1401C - take up not keeping up with laminate.

petesign

I'm trying to figure out what we are doing wrong, this is a recent development, and the laminator is only a few months old.

Lately the take up roll for the backing paper is not keeping up with the material being fed through, so we either have to manually roll it faster during lamination, or stop every so often and roll it up. If we dont, the backing goes under the rollers and it gets messy. This issue isnt bad on short runs, but anything over 20 feet and it gets tedious. Anyone have this issue, and what did you do?

I am guessing it could be the core slipping on the roll? What I can't figure out is, how do they adjust speed depending on how big the circumference around the roll is, the take up would take in more material turning at the same speed the further along you go... so is it possible it thinks i'm at the end of a roll when I am at the start?

petesign

In case anyone has one and encounters this problem, here is the fix. There's a clutch under the guard on the take up reel. It's spring loaded just like the media tension on the front rollers. You just take off the guard on the right side, and tighten the nut a couple of turns, and it solves that problem.

thesignexpert

In case anyone has one and encounters this problem, here is the fix. There's a clutch under the guard on the take up reel. It's spring loaded just like the media tension on the front rollers. You just take off the guard on the right side, and tighten the nut a couple of turns, and it solves that problem.

+1 - this will solve your problem perfectly. Careful with the screws as they can get a little tricky.