• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RS Rear take-up reel

DigiPrinter

Wondering who's using a rear take-up reel for a Royal Sovereign and thoughts on it. I do a fair amount of prints 10' and longer (most are about 25'.....that's also my comfort level with getting the prints through without any major tracking or sometimes "crease" issues.) Currently, I send the prints through to about 6' or so to a couple of folding tables and then run around to the end, start rolling and then back to the front to static cling, and then repeat. It's not that much of a pain but wondering if the rear take-up reel has been worth it for you all that have one?

Nuagedesigns

I use my take-up everyday. During our busy times we sometimes run multiple full rolls through our laminator. Other times we run lots of short runs each day. It all depends on your workflow. But trust me when the day comes and you have multiple runs 30 plus feet long you will wish you had a takeup. If its in the budget I would recommend picking one up. You don't have to use for short runs if you don't want buts its well worth the cost.

Best of luck

DigiPrinter

Thanks Nuage.....yeah, it's probably in the near future and would be nice to have. Got a project coming up that will be rolls and rolls of 150' prints....full speed on the laminator would be nice.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good day,

We have this aftermarket take up reel with add-on heater panel 72" adjustable wide if you're interested I can shoot some photos & video over for you. It is easy to assemble, up running in 20 minutes. This set is $3,000.

Francis

MikeD

I have two RS laminators; 42" and a 30". I specifically asked for a take-up on the back and was told they were not available.
Where did you buy yours?! How much is that option?
We ended up making one, but now I need another and would rather just buy it (if it's not too pricey.)

Thanks

jfiscus

Rap Master
GFP laminators have the rear take-up reel. At the last place I was at I loved it!
I would assume that if you contacted a GFP rep, you could buy just that part.

Gene@mpls

if you are having tracking issuses I would drop the 80 bucks and get a push pull guage. best money I ever spent

How do you use it? Wouldn't you have to have a strip of something slipping thru the rollers- in other words the rollers can't be locked down? Gene

SlightlyChilled

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?110477-Laminator-disaster&highlight=Royal+Sovereign I have a pic in this thread.. You need to have left middle and right all pulling the same... You may need to turn the allen screws on the ends to get the right number on all 3 spots. If one side is pulling more it will fold the vinyl.... From what I have found it is more forgiving. I don't need to have it 1000% square. If I do have drift from it not being square the whole print moves not just the one side. "So no fold" ... Well much less of a chance

SlightlyChilled

Sorry I should add that it's not just a push/pull. I got it from Grimco. From what I was told they will let you use it and you can send it back.. But why not just buy one then you will know if you are ever out of line..