• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rug, carpet, floor mat for trade show booth 10 x 10

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Anyone print or have a source for printing of custom carpet for trade show booths?

Thanks!

Ultraflexx makes a printable carpet you can run in almost all the Grand Format machines, you could save a lot of money by just printing a graphic and applying it to the standard flooring you get at the show. They have special adhesives now specifically for carpet applications.

ams

Photoworks down the street from me guys everything for tradeshows. Mats, rugs, drapes, table cloths, etc.

rossmosh

Have you and your client done a cost analysis of what the long term cost of doing this is?

I was in the trade show world for a few years and shipping a 10x10 carpet around was considered cost prohibitive by just about everyone. One client wanted a custom look so they had carpet tiles shipped around. They didn't exhibit much but I remember just shipping the boxes out cost a few hundred bucks and that didn't even include drayage or additional labor cost. They thought they were saving because they happened to have the tiles from an office renovation. The reality is, whatever they "saved" was gone after the first show.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Have you and your client done a cost analysis of what the long term cost of doing this is?

I was in the trade show world for a few years and shipping a 10x10 carpet around was considered cost prohibitive by just about everyone. One client wanted a custom look so they had carpet tiles shipped around. They didn't exhibit much but I remember just shipping the boxes out cost a few hundred bucks and that didn't even include drayage or additional labor cost. They thought they were saving because they happened to have the tiles from an office renovation. The reality is, whatever they "saved" was gone after the first show.

+1 to this! Especially for the drayage (materials handling costs for the venue to/from bring materials from the dock to the show floor). These fees can range on average from $97/$149 per hundred weight which gets rounded up the nearest hundred. If its a client that does small shows and small venues it becomes less of an issue. Labor is its on monster depending on the venue and more specifically if its a union location. There are some venues we setup exhibits at that will not allow anyone except the labor guys to touch anything and all we can do is supervise them at $100-$150 per hour per laborer. Sorry for the rant, but after being in the sign industry for 20 years and moving to the exhibit world, its a totally different mindset.