• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rush / job Problems

STAR Graphix

I use corel x3 student edition, works great for cut vinyl.

I just recently bought a printer, so Im not familiar with all of the steps to take a jpg file and add a cut line around it.

A local church sent me their artwork, picture of the church with lettering around it. Their original work through someone else didnt work so they need me to print 100 decals ASAP. Looks like a fairly simple job IF i can get a cut contour around it.

I took the jpg, added a CutContour exported as eps and sent to Versaworks. It did print and cut but i lost some color in the picture.

I exported just jpg file to versaworks ,printed, looks awesome just no cut line. Can someone help me out on this?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Justin

STAR Graphix

I apologize If I dont give the right answers, still new to me a lil...

I'm not sure how the drawing/picture was created, but I converted it over to cmyk in Corel on one of the test, and it didnt seem to make a difference.

I called my set up guy to see if he could help, he said with illustrator it would be very simple to do this and "shouldnt" loose any color....is this true?

Like i mentioned, printing the straight jpg file looks great, only looks bad when I go through corel to add CutContour...

I plan on learning the software capabilities when things slow down a little, I know Im behind for capabilities of the printer, but it works great for the jobs I had/have in line.

thanks for any/ all the advice

STAR Graphix

I took a picture I had and added a CutContour aound it to see how it turned out. It lost color also. So that makes me think it is a Corel problem or atleast an .eps problem somehow?

jiarby

this thread would be better of you posted pictures of this color loss you are talking about.

What is a "set up guy"|??

Obviously STAR volunteered to print them for you in a PM, maybe you should do this while you learn the ropes. (although this is HOW you learn them!)

STAR Graphix

I know im way behind on the "smarts" of it, knew that when I got it. It was a good deal, along withe jobs I had in line, I knew I could get my feet wet with it. For I make sure It can hold its own, while my cutter is still my main "worker" for now until I get better with the software.

Ill try and get some and see If I can post them without anytrouble

Set-up guy= the guy who set-up my Roland printer, who also is part owner of a larger sign shop. Very knowledgable in theese areas. He is more familiar wiht illy though, but thought what I was doing was fine in corel...

STAR Graphix

heres a look at the 2 of the options the better one is the straight jpg file.

Attachments

• 100_1289.jpg
    100_1289.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1290.jpg
    100_1290.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 98

proline51

i am new at this also

i have had my vp-540 for a little over a week, and so far just trying to get a hang of the new programs, as i have not had any experience with corel (x3). but i am finding the exact same thing, if i import the file to corel then send to versaworks, the pic comes out lower quality with very dull colors. but when i send the file straight to versaworks, the picture comes out perfect! any thoughts on what i am doing wrong?

thanks in advance!
jkl:thankyou:

STAR Graphix

i have had my vp-540 for a little over a week, and so far just trying to get a hang of the new programs, as i have not had any experience with corel (x3). but i am finding the exact same thing, if i import the file to corel then send to versaworks, the pic comes out lower quality with very dull colors. but when i send the file straight to versaworks, the picture comes out perfect! any thoughts on what i am doing wrong?

thanks in advance!
jkl:thankyou:

I'm still not sure about the quality , sorry I cant help ya. I ve heard something about "filters" but that is all I know of them. Still reading and trying learn.....

RaptorRay

Dull Pictures

IN Versaworks, print job, Quality, I have changed the Color Management Preset to MAX Impact.

That seemed to work for me.

Ray

I use Corel X3 but have a different printer & Rip. I had the same problem but found that if I convert the bitmap to RGB, add my contour cut path, group them and publish to PDF, I got great quality! Much better than EPS or anything else I tried. Hope this helps. If you need more info you can PM me or give me a call.
Good luck!
Kenna

proline51

try this

i think i have this problem figured out, at least for the last few jobs i have done. when exporting to versa, instead of sending in cmyk, send as rgb. that is most likely how the file was designed, and it is very tough for versa to change it over to cmyk. at least that is what i was told, and so far it has solved my problems.

later, jordy

iSign

I use corel x3 student edition, works great for cut vinyl.

Is this a school project?
If not, just a friendly heads up on reconsidering the public posting of what software you're running your business with.

4.1 Academic and Education Edition Addendum to the License.

You are not entitled to Use the Product unless you qualify in your jurisdiction as an Academic End User. Please contact Corel Customer Service to find out whether you qualify. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the License, you may not (i) transfer or assign the Product or any copy thereof, or your License to Use the Product to a third party; and/or (ii) Use the Product in any way for any commercial purpose or in any commercial enterprise or business whatsoever. The Product may only be Used for personal purposes in a non-commercial environment.

SignsOfMaine

One more bit that might be helpful to you... you can send the print and cut jobs separately (at least to versaworks) and get them to cooperate as long as there are no differences between the two jobs, sizewise. So you can send the jpg into versaworks, and print it with the nicer colors, just remember to print crop marks for print and cut alignment.

Meanwhile, you send a second job with the cut line to versaworks. After reloading your print into the roland, you use that second job's cut line, and as long as the sizes match it should work.

Honestly I haven't tried this exact thing, I've done something similar, so it's just a theory right now. Not sure how exact the cut line would be if the cut job comes from a whole different program.

QuickSignsSA

I hink with adobe products student editions you can use for commercial use. That was what i had been told, but i would need confirmation on this.