• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S120T How Do I Turn Off Origin Reset?

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Tried scrolling through menus, Summa Cutter Control and looking at the manual to no avail. Just wanting the cutter to park the head without pulling back the sheet after it finishes. When using a cut that lets stickers and such fall out, the leftover webbing gets caught up in the rollers and all that. Not to mention breaking $20+ blades each time. Anyone had luck finding this setting?

Saturn

Your Ad Here!
If I'm thinking of the same thing—Rather than hit the done or reset button in the lower right corner, I lift the handle on the back and gently remove the sheet before hitting anything else. Cuz yeah, that quick jerk back can often jam things if the cuts are deep.

Smoke_Jaguar

Yeah, I can stop it by unclamping the media, but it's less than ideal having to watch the thing like a hawk.

Saturn

Your Ad Here!
We must be thinking of something different, there's nothing I can think of where I'd have to use the handle as an emergency stop on a regular basis. Only in truly rare cases of a jam that won't quit with the reset/pause button.

If you're doing plain old stickers, you should play around a bit more with the settings too. Having them stay in the sheet a little more will help everything overall. There's definitely a sweet spot where they still pop out super easy, but don't fall out so easilt that they cause jams.

Smoke_Jaguar

Might need to swap processing software for running the cutter, just running Vinylmaster. Dirt cheap and does most of what I need (and is stupid simple to use) but lacks some of the 'fancier' features.

Superior_Adam

not sure if it was a setting or not because we didn't select it but running flexi on our summa and it stays at the end of the job and does not roll back to the starting point.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
In Flexi there is a box in the cut set up.
Advance after plot, check box if you want to stop after cutting, unchecked if you want it to return to the starting point.