• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S40600 DROP OUT SEVERE

SameDay Signs

Had a minor i mean very minor head strike to a fairly new hear (4 months) right side blue completely gone....all other sections flawless nothing missiugn...did a clean and nothing coming back on far right...any tips or tricks appreciated....absolutely flawless from left to right until you get to the blue on the far right....the blue on the far left is perfect

any help is appreciated
as im a dead man without this and weekend coming up projects

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't work on those models but they are similar to what I do work on so figured I 'd chime in since there isn't a lot of activity on this thread. Those heads are fairly resistant to head strike damage. I would suspect a possible cap top/maintenance station issue. A lot of times what happens is something disrupts the normal ink flow, like a head strike, and normally a cleaning would recover it but when it doesn't, it exposes that your cap top has been on the way out for a while and isn't making a good seal. Do you see ink flowing into the waste tank when running cleanings? If not, I'd start with a cap top/maintenance station.

I don't know how easy it is to change the dampers on the model but if it's easy enough, try swapping the cyan damper position with another color and run a cleaning. This will tell you if it's that channel in the head that can't fire or if it's an ink flow issue above the head.

cmoist

The dampers are part of a duct assy and aren't easily swap-able. I hate to say it, but I just went through this, where I lost an entire band. At first it was intermittent. I tried swapping the damper/duct assy first, but in the end, the head was bad and replacing fixed the problem. Do the parts and labor have a 1 year warranty from Epson?

RG

Through Decision1 you get a 90 day warranty. I gave them a try. About 110 days after they replaced the head in my s40600, it threw an error code asking for another head. That's when I got rid of that printer. When it was working, it was GREAT!

AnonSign

If cleaning didn't bring the blue back on the far right, you might want to try a very gentle polish with a soft cloth and some guitar polish.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Check out your capping station to be sure that the seal is good and that it is seated correctly. You're a good bit away from them, but call Nick at Trigon Imaging in Cincinnati, and see if they can help you figure out the issue over the phone. If not, they can fix any problem on these for a lower price than other service companies.