• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S40600 Inconsistent Color

mightygrfx

HI all,

I've been printing fleet wraps that use a couple shades of solid blue. At some point, my S40600 just decided it wasn't going to print a certain shade and now it's a noticeably lighter shade, faded really. The RIP and material has remained the same but we've tried different ICC profiles, number of passes, played with heater temperatures, etc. Sometimes it'll suddenly print the proper shade for a couple of panels and then go back to the faded blue. What gives?

Machine is around 2 years old. Running GamaPrint. We do not have any other jobs where this happens.

netsol

Remember, unless you use the nozzle test from service menu, you will only see the results from largest dot size
the machine prints variable dot sizes, to give full color range
you will probably see what shifted if you print the other test patterns from service menu

probably a good head soak will restore your original color results, i am guessing