• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sad day

10sacer

Not sure if any have heard this, but Dave Cich from Vanguard Digital passed away last Friday.

Dave was a really great guy and lead two companies to prominence in this industry.
He was a real advocate for wide format printing and all that could be done with the technology.
Dave was also a really good friend and when we got together on calls, we talked about all sorts of things outside of work.
I will miss him and the industry will miss what he did to advance wide format technology.

garyroy

Thanks for the info, very sad. I met him at a trade show a few years ago, super knowledgeable guy.
An innovator for sure. Their company was in Suwanee originally then up-sized and moved to Lawrenceville.
I'm from GA and have considered a flatbed for a few years. Theirs would be the one I go for.

I met a lady at a trade show in New Orleans a few years back that worked for OCE'.
She said that the Vanguard was the flatbed to buy. That was quite an endorsement coming from a competitor.

Peace to his family over their sad loss.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So sorry to hear that. He wasn't all that old was he ??

He helped me plenty of times and was a very decent and professional person.