• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Salesperson Compensation

azcolor

We have tried numerous different ways to compensate our wrap salespeople. We have had some of them just salary which gives them no incentive to sell. Just commission which does not seem to keep them very long. We also have tried a mixture of both salary plus commission in various ways. I would like to know what ways works best in which other shops compensate vehicle wrap sales people that seem to work best?

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated....

Letterbox Mike

We pay $1k per month base salary, plus $200 per month vehicle reimbursement, cell phone, $200 towards health insurance or an IRA/retirement account (their choice), plus all expenses, plus 10% commission. Seems to keep them here a while and motivated. Unless you're doing many millions a year in sales, a salesperson selling for a smaller company like yours and ours is not going to get rich and they need to understand that. $50-75k per year at best is realistic.

Edserv

After 17 years experience recruiting, training, and (trying to) manage sales people, we think we've finally come up with the best solution: 100% commission.

We've tried EVERY combination of incentives from low base to high base, no benefits to total benefits, contract to full employee.

But over the last 2 years, we started experimenting with 100% commission, 100% contract sales. And while it takes longer to "find" the right people, once you "find" your person, it SIMPLY ROCKS.

It's fairly simple, once you've set up a relationship with your new rep. They get paid when you get paid. Everyone's on the same team. If they choose to "sleep in the park for the afternoon,", you don't lose money (other than opportunity cost.)

If they choose to work hard and bring in sales, everything is exciting and positive!

It's a "win win."

Good luck,
Chris,
Lets Go Banners
Lets Go Fundraising
Tsunami Wraps

Sticky Signs

Hey Edserve,
What percentage of the sale are you paying the salesmen? Are you offering anything else like benefits?

Edserv

We have a system that is fairly progressive. It rewards sales people based on: prospecting, sales, and service. So we split the commissions based on the effort. We've used this system for almost 17 years and it works great (especially for straight commission sales reps.)
I would be happy to discuss this with anyone- please feel free to call- 808-557-7405.
take care,
Chris