• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Same old Plotter, New Setup

animenick65

So we have a graphtec 4100 as well as an envision 375 and just recently got a new computer without parallel ports that we will be running both plotters as well as a sp540i from. We will be running everything from Composer 3.0 (hopefully). I did a search for this question but didn't hit the nail on the head. My question is about cables. Will standard parralel to usb connectors work for running these? Any other thoughts or snags I can expect? Thanks all!

Brandon708

I have no real advice I can give you but Try to get Flexi Sign Pro instead of Composer. I have used composer in the past before flexi and I can ever imagine going back to it.

studio10

I agree with Matt-Tastic.
I buy USB to LPT adapter (cable) and try it. It works on Roland CX 24 cutter but not on Mutoh Rockhopper I printer.
Better solution is PCI card with LPT port. I try it on PC with LPT on motherboard, so I have PC with two LPT and it works great.