• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Same print, different text for 1,500

cartoad

I have a potential order of 1500 small digital prints, all the same background, but each one will need a different name on them. Is there a function in Corel (have X4) or Flexi that I can load up the names and it will automaticaly chage the names each time I print?
thanks

Custom_Grafx

Corel has this, as does versaworks. I'm sure there are other rips that do it also.

In your manual, look up "variable data" and there should be something in any case.

The basic principle, is that you create a "variable data field" on your artwork - usually a rectangle with a spot colour outline - or there is a "wizard" like in corel.

You then have a list of names (one value per cell in say excel) - then load this "database" up to your program.

The program then generates the files automatically for you based on the info you've supplied.

Instructions and procedure vary depending on the system/program.

jiarby

corel is great at this... we do it all the time for trophy plates.

Use CSV file for variable data with print merge function. Then in Print Preview (after merging to new doc) you use the imposition function to load up how ever many units you want on one sheet.