• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Save Your Old Computers

Cadmn

could some one explain why it takes an old computer rather than just old operating system. XP will run a win95 mode that will run most things needing to run in 95 or 98 etc.

TheSnowman

We took an XP computer, and tried to send it back to Win 98SE and that didn't go to well. It just crapped all over itself. We got it up and runnin'...but it's only got like 16 colors, and we can't network it...which is mainly what we need.

Air Art Girl

it's not the operating system. It's the mother board and the PCI slots and other special cards that need to go into the computer. No more serial or parallel ports which need converter boxes. I still have software with no interfacing with vista yet. Obviously building a computer is better then off the shelf but with some of the older stuff I have, it's got to go on an older computer.